Cooking Time: 60 min. / Makes 1 loaf / Difficulty level: 1
Recipe Source: Grandma Dee
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Where To Cook: preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- ¼ cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla or rum
- 2 cups coarsely grated apples, with skins
- ½ cup nuts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soda
Vanilla Glaze Ingredients
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk or cream 1
- tsp vanilla
- Cream together butter, sugar and cinnamon. Then add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Sift dry flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda together. Add to the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the apples and add the nuts(optional).
- Be sure to grease your bread pan well
- Bake for 1 hr and glaze while bread is warm.